How GateHouse Media editors support real news
GateHouse Media recently joined News Media Alliance members and other organizations in the “Support Real News” national campaign.
The campaign focuses on the importance of supporting journalists and news organizations who are dedicated to reporting accurate, factual information and explaining how harmful the phenomenon of fake news is.
Editors from across GateHouse Media wrote to their readers, explaining their own perspective on the importance of accurate reporting and explaining their newsroom’s commitment to factual reporting.
Our roundup of Support Real News includes:
– The Columbus Dispatch: “The Inside Story: Join us in fighting fake news nationwide”
– The Gainesville Sun: “Our Viewpoint: ‘Real’ news makes a difference”
– Dodge City Daily Globe: “Supporting newspapers, real news”
– Herald-Tribune: “Herald-Tribune joins campaign to support real news”
– The Progress-Index: “Editorial: Support Real News”
– The State Journal-Register: “Angie Muhs: Support the real news”
– Journal Star: “Journal Star joins project to support credible local news efforts“